The Bob Jarvis Award Winners for 2013
- Ed Bourdon – Service Award
- Robin Coody – Teammate Award
- Stanley Lawrence – Service Award
- Kyle Lawson – Teammate Award
- Chet Lewis – Williamstown Community Commitment Award
- Tom Mahar – Service Award
- John Maloney – Teammate Award
- Bob Neville – Teammate Award
- Roger Parks – Teammate Award
- Souphap Phienboupha – Service Award
- Pam Richard – Service Award
- Glenn Rougeau – Teammate Award
About the Awards
Inspired by and named in memory of our friend and colleague Bob Jarvis, The Robert C. Jarvis Peer Recognition Awards Program has been developed to recognize exceptional performance and encourage a spirit of service and teamwork in the Facilities Department at Williams College.
The program is built on peer nominations. Each year the Facilities Department solicits nominations. Facilities members may nominate a peer for recognition if they believe that the nominee’s personal and professional characteristics distinguish them as exceptional contributors to Williams and to Facilities. The five award categories are Leadership, Service, Teammate, “The World’s Too Good” and Williams Community Commitment.
A certificate stating the awardee’s achievement is accompanied by a monetary award in recognition of the exceptional generosity that Bob Jarvis so often displayed. The monetary award includes a matching donation to the United Way or Williamstown Community Chest made by the department in honor of the awardee.
- To provide a thoughtful and inclusive process for formal peer recognition at all levels of the Facilities Department.
- To reward individuals who consistently demonstrate personal and professional characteristics that inspire, motivate, or otherwise positively influence their co-workers and enhance our department mission.
- To recognize individuals who, through their effort to provide exceptional service, enhance the Williams experience for students, faculty, staff, and guests.
- To inspire us all to strive for a deeper sense of gratification from our daily work lives.