The Massachusetts Higher Ed Consortium (MHEC) has negotiated contracts with several of rental car companies.
|Name||Phone||MHEC Contract ID|
|Alamo||800-765-7144 x223||376046-Rate Code BX|
|Avis||800-331-1212||Avis Worldwide Discount Number (AWD) Q023592
Free Upgrade Coupon
- Liability insurance: There is no need to purchase additional liability insurance from the rental agency. The College’s commercial automobile insurance policy will provide liability coverage that is secondary to the rental agency’s primary liability insurance.
- Collision insurance: You must purchase collision insurance from the rental agency unless you rent a vehicle from National under the MHEC program (see chart above) or the rental is paid with a College MasterCard. If the rental is charged to a College MasterCard:
- Decline the collision damage waiver, waiver of liability for damage, or similar options offered by the rental company; and
- Adhere to all conditions of the rental agreement for operating the vehicle. The maximum length of coverage is six weeks or 42 days.
- Accidents: If you are involved in an accident while using a rental vehicle, please contact David Waynick 413-597-4020 as soon as possible.
Although the daily and weekly rates offered under the MHEC contracts are very attractive, there are often special promotional rates which will provide even greater savings. It’s worth checking.
Most of the rental companies add a daily surcharge to published rates in large cities ranging from $4.00 to as much as $20.00/day.
Should you have a problem with one of the rental car companies listed above, please let Tim Reisler 413-597-3319 know so he can inform MHEC.
Most agencies do not rent vehicles to anyone under the age of 25. Contact the agency for their policy.
Local Car Rentals
Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m., and Saturday 9 a.m.-12 p.m. To reserve a car during normal business hours, call: 413-443-6600.
Out of town bookings, call: 1-800-736-8222.
Or book your reservation online. Visit the Enterprise Rent-a-Car website at: http://www.enterprise.com/car_rental/deeplinkmap.do?bid=028&refId=WILLCLLG
If you have any questions, please call Enterprise corporate office: 1-860-627-8080.
- Rates include unlimited mileage within the New England and New York region.
- Rates are available for business and leisure rentals.
- When making business reservations, use your departmental purchasing card for payment of rental and mention the Corporate Class Number T14493E to ensure that you receive your preferred rates.
- Renters and additional drivers must be 25 years or older.
- Rates include free pick up and return service; delivery service available with 24 hour notice.
- Rates do not include state taxes (Williams College is tax exempt), refueling charges, or optional protection packages available, such as Collision Damage Waiver, personal Accident Insurance, or Supplemental Liability Insurance.
- Call 413-443-6600 for reservations at our Pittsfield location, or 1-800-736-8222 for reservations at over 45 offices in Connecticut and Western Massachusetts.
- One way service to Bradley International airport is available.
- Local reservations can be made online for walk-in business only. You must call the branch for pick up or delivery service. There is an additional 10% off for out of town rentals.
- Must be 23 years of age to rent a vehicle.
- Monthly rates available upon request.
- Alcaro’s provides free pick-up in Williamstown.