Member log-in: www.zipcar.com
Williams Zipcar is a rental car system for Williams students, faculty, and staff. Once registered for Zipcar, you can rent any of the four Williams Zipcars by the hour or by the day. (And if you’re over 21, you can rent Zipcars from locations outside of Williamstown, too!)
- It’s economical: Gas, parking, and maintenance are included!
- It’s environmentally friendly: With Zipcar, there is no need to bring a car to campus. Fewer cars on campus = reduced need for parking spaces, which means less concrete and more green space.
- It’s a good thing to do: With fewer cars on campus, parking is easier for those who have to drive, and walking is safer!
How does it work?
Reserve your car online. Use your Zipcard to unlock the car. The cars are located in the parking garage behind the ’62 Center. The keys are inside. Simply return the car when your reservation time is up.
Gas, reserved parking (at Williams), and insurance are covered. Use the gas card in the car to fill up the tank. (Please return the car with the tank at least a quarter full.)
What does it cost to join?
- $8 per hour or $60 per day for the Honda Civic Hybrids
- $11 per hour or $60 per day for the Honda Element or Mini Cooper
This includes 180 free miles per day! (Additional miles start at 35¢.)
Who can drive on my account?
Once you join, you can add other drivers to your account. There’s a $35 annual fee per driver.
Get a Zipcard!
- Go to www.zipcar.com/join
- Type “Williams College” and press ENTER or “proceed”
- Select your group (faculty & staff or students) and click “Choose this Plan”
- Fill out application. (You will need a valid driver’s license and credit or debit card.)
You’ll get your Zipcard in the mail in about a week.
More eligibility information (including non-U.S. drivers).
Reserve a car:
Log-in at www.zipcar.com