Formerly the President’s House
936 Main Street
12,137 Sq. Ft.
About Sloan House
When this house came up for sale in 1858, Nathan Jackson, a wealthy landowner and distant relative of Ephraim Williams, offered the college $6000 to buy the property as a home for Williams’ presidents. The Trustees agreed that this was an opportunity too good to be overlooked. The house has undergone a number of renovations and additions, but over the years this elegant home has remained a well located and fitting residence for Williams College presidents.
Major Construction History
|1801||Samuel Sloan House built (front part only)
woodwork imported from Boston
Designed by: Peter P. Welanetz, PE
|1977||Decoration and furnishing||$35,000|
|1996||New roof (damaged by hurricane winds)||$74,962|