During the past academic year, the offices of the Dean of the Faculty and Institutional Diversity and Equity received feedback through group listening sessions, individual conversations, and written requests regarding consistent and reliable transportation options for Faculty and Staff. The College is committed to conducting a pilot shuttle service during the upcoming academic year, 2019 / 2020. We will use this pilot as an opportunity to fine-tune a potential program and consider long term about how best to provide and operate the service.
Following a survey of the faculty in August 2019, a pilot shuttle program to the Wassaic Train Station was recommended and has been developed.
The first running of the shuttle will occur on Thursday, September 26th and run throughout the academic year. There will be no shuttle service during the winter shutdown or other major breaks in the academic calendar such as spring break.
Note: In order to access the shuttle request form, you will need to be logged in to your William’s G-mail account. Information regarding the service and the travel request form can be found at the link below:
- Reservations must be submitted by 5 pm of the Tuesday prior for the Thursday shuttle. As an example, September 24th at 5 pm for the first shuttle on September 26th.
- If no reservations are received, the shuttle will be canceled for the weekend including the return shuttle on Sunday.
- Reservations can be booked for a faculty/staff member, their spouse/partner, and faculty/staff member with guest. If traveling with more than two individuals, please contact the facilities coordinator for assistance with the reservation and confirm available space.
- At this time, the shuttle is provided at no cost. The shuttle may institute a pricing structure at some point in time as the pilot program is studied.
- Shuttles will depart at the designated times as shown on the reservation form.
- Shuttles will depart from the facilities building at 60 Latham Street or the Wassaic Train Station and return to 60 Latham Street. Custom drop-offs or pick-ups are not permissible.
- If you, your guest, or a member of your family have a documented disability or a temporary impairment that may require special accommodations in your transportation arrangements with the Faculty/Staff Pilot Shuttle, please contact the College Cars coordinator at [email protected].
Information regarding schedules and fares can be found here.