During the past academic year, the offices of the Dean of the Faculty and Institutional Diversity and Equity received feedback through group listening sessions, individual conversations, and written requests regarding consistent and reliable transportation options for Faculty and Staff.
As a result of this feedback, the College has committed to conducting a pilot shuttle service during the upcoming academic year, 2019 / 2020. We will use this pilot as an opportunity to fine-tune a potential program and consider long term about how best to provide and operate this service.
Based on the results of a follow-up survey of the faculty, it was felt that the shuttle route being changed to the Poughkeepsie Train Station might be a better destination, providing more travel options. This change will go into effect on the 6th of February.
There will be no shuttle service during the winter shutdown or other major breaks in the academic calendar such as spring break.
Note: In order to access the shuttle request form, you will need to be logged in to your William’s G-mail account. Information regarding the service and the travel request form can be found at the link below:
- Reservations must be submitted by 5 pm on Tuesday for the Thursday shuttle, and by 5 p.m. on Wednesday for the Friday shuttle.
- If no reservations are received, the shuttle will be canceled for the weekend including the return shuttle on Sunday.
- Reservations can be booked for a faculty/staff member, their spouse/partner, and a faculty/staff member with a guest. If traveling with more than two individuals, please contact the facilities coordinator for assistance with the reservation and confirm the available space.
- At this time, the shuttle is provided at no cost. The shuttle may institute a pricing structure at some point in time as the pilot program is studied.
- Shuttles will depart at the designated times as shown on the reservation form.
- Shuttles will depart from the facilities building at 60 Latham Street or the Poughkeepsie Train Station and return to 60 Latham Street. Custom drop-offs or pick-ups are not permissible.
- If you, your guest, or a member of your family have a documented disability or a temporary impairment that may require special accommodations in your transportation arrangements with the Faculty/Staff Pilot Shuttle, please contact the College Cars coordinator at [email protected].
Information regarding schedules and fares for the Poughkeepsie location are found below.