Member log-in: www.zipcar.com
Zipcar is a car sharing company, which was founded in 2000, and in 2013 was purchased by the Avis Budget group. It is available for Williams students, faculty, and staff. Once registered with Zipcar, you can rent any of the four Zipcars located at Williams. Rent by the hour or by the day (and if you’re over 21, you can rent Zipcars from locations outside of Williamstown as well!)
- It’s economical: Gas, parking, and maintenance are included!
- It’s environmentally friendly: With Zipcar, there is no need to bring a car to campus. Fewer cars on campus = reduced need for parking spaces, which means less concrete and more green space.
- It’s a good thing to do: With fewer cars on campus, parking is easier for those who have to drive, and walking is safer!
How does it work?
Reserve your reservation online. Use your Zipcard to unlock the car. The cars are located in the parking garage behind the ’62 Center. The keys are inside. Simply return the car when your reservation time is up.
Gas, reserved parking (at Williams), and insurance are included*. Use the gas card in the car to fill up the tank. (Please return the car with the tank at least a quarter full.)
*Note: In the event of an accident, Zipcar members are responsible for the first $1,000 of damage unless the optional damage fee waiver has been purchased.
What does it cost to join?
- $8 per hour or $60 per day for the Honda Civic Hybrids
- $11 per hour or $60 per day for the Honda Element or Mini Cooper
- This includes 180 free miles per day! (Additional miles start at 35¢.)
Who can drive on my account?
Once you join, you can add other drivers to your account. There’s a $35 annual fee per driver.
Get a Zipcard!
- Go to www.zipcar.com/join
- Type “Williams College” and press ENTER or “proceed”
- Select your group (faculty & staff or students) and click “Choose this Plan”
- Fill out application. (You will need a valid driver’s license and credit or debit card.)
You’ll get your Zipcard in the mail in about a week.
More eligibility information (including non-U.S. drivers).