LOCK SHOP KEY CONTROL POLICY
PLEASE READ GENERAL KEY CONTROL POLICIES IN ADDITION TO THIS SECTION
- A Williams College project manager, facilities manager, or faculty member who is responsible for the contract with the contractor/vendor must submit a key request through the Facilities work request site @ http://facilitiesworkrequest.williams.edu/
- Contractors working in residential halls must have a Williams College employee, or Campus Security officer present at all times while working in the building.
- Building campus master keys and contractor cards will only be issued when access cannot be obtained through the occupants, and when practical, access will be given by the authorizing entity rather than by issuing a key to the contractor/vendor. In no instance will a contractor/vendor be issued a master key when a specific door key will allow needed access.
- A contractor/vendor representative signing for keys must be informed that only authorized company employees are permitted to have or use the keys.
- Contractors may hold non-residential hall keys in their possession until the scheduled completion of the project only if the building is vacant. The completion/return date must be specified on the Web Request.
- Contractor keys issued for rental housing units must be returned to Facilities by 4:30 p.m. each day unless the unit in question is unoccupied. If unoccupied, keys must be returned to Facilities prior to the move-in date set by the Real Estate office.
- Master keys, residential hall keys, residential housing keys, and contractor cards MUST BE RETURNED TO FACILITIES ON THE DAY OF ISSUANCE by 4:30 p.m. unless other provisions have been made in advance.
- If the keys and/or contractor cards are not returned within the second 24 hour time frame, a MINIMUM $100 FINE per key will be enforced, or if deemed appropriate, the cost to re-key the entire facility served by the key(s) may be levied against the contractor/vendor. Failure to return keys as required could also jeopardize the contractor/vendor’s relationship with the College and could lead to their removal from campus.
- The contractor/vendor understands that final payment is contingent upon compliance with the above requirements. It is the responsibility of each College Project Manager to ensure that contractor keys and cards are returned by the due date and prior to final payment.
LOST OR STOLEN KEYS
Lost or stolen keys and/or contractor cards must be reported to the Williams College Lock Shop within 24 hours of the discovery of the loss or theft.
Based on the factors involved, the Lock Shop, with consideration from Campus Safety and Security, will make a decision whether to replace the key(s) or to require a core(s) change.
All costs incurred will be absorbed by the contractor/vendor.
Report lost key(s) Here: Lost Key Reporting Form