59 Lab Campus Drive
26,558 Sq. Ft.
About Thompson Biology Labs
Designed by Francis R. Allen of Allen & Collens Architects, Thompson Bio was built in 1893. Over the years, the building met changing areas of study and interest with the additions of laboratories, a greenhouse, and an aquarium. In 2000, the opening of the Unified Sciences Center brought all of the sciences together in a reflection of the growing interdisciplinary nature of their study. Thompson Bio houses classrooms, labs, and faculty offices.
Major Construction History
Architect: Francis R. Allen (Allen & Collens)
|1949-51||Biology Laboratory addition
Architect: Des Granges and Steffian
|1977-78||1st floor labs||$97,000|
|1999-00||Unified Science Center
Architect: Einhorn Yaffee Prescott
and Zimmer Gunsul Frasca
General Contractor: Gilbane Building Co.
|2006-08||Thompson Sciences masonry repair