Brooks House

Named for Captain Belvidere Brooks, class of 1910
Former home of Delta Kappa Epsilon

983 Main Street
10,306 sq.ft.

Brooks House, 2012

Brooks House, 2012

About Brooks House

Brooks House was named for Captain Belvidere Brooks, class of 1910, who was killed in action at Villesavoye, France, in 1918. During his time at Williams, Brooks was a DKE, captain of the football team, and a Gargoyle. Originally home to the Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity, Brooks now houses both students and, in the summer months, the Conference Office. Located between Spencer and Weston, Brooks houses upperclass students in four single and 12 double rooms on two floors with a spacious basement common room and kitchen. Brooks is part of the Spencer Neighborhood.

Major Construction History

Date Project Cost
1961 Built
Architect: Daniel O’Connell & Sons
$3,750,000
1966 Weston/Brooks parking lot
Designed by: Winthrop M. Wassenar, P.E.
Architect: Daniel O’Connell & Sons
$19,000
1992 Renovation for Conference Office $151,650
2000 Renovation
Architect: Thomas Bartels
$933,559
2003 B parking lot expansion (36 add’l spaces)
Engineer: Vince Guntlow
General Contractor: Petricca
$166,604