Named for Williams professor James G. Hardy
20 Morley Drive
8,314 sq. ft.
About Hardy House
Hardy House is named for James G. Hardy who graduated from Lafayette in 1894 and received his MA there in 1897. In 1898 he came to Williams as an assistant professor. He became a professor in 1913 and retired in 1942. The College purchased the house from him in 1948, and converted it into office space in 1982.
Hardy was built in 1946 and renovated in 1982. It houses the Gender & Sexuality Resource Center and Special Academic Programs, and is air conditioned.
Major Construction History
|1948||Purchased by the college|
|1982||Converted to office space||$23,500|
|1992||Renovation and refurbishment to create a meeting room;