Jesup Hall

Named for Morris Ketchum Jesup

22 Lab Campus Drive
24,885 Sq. Ft.

Jesup Hall, 2012

Jesup Hall, 2012

About Jesup Hall

Built in 1899 and dedicated in 1900, Jesup Hall was Williams’ first campus center. The building is named for Morris Ketchum Jesup, who was unable to go to college for financial reasons but never lost sight of doing so. After Jesup became a successful New York banker and manufacturer, he supported and encouraged the cause of higher education by his widespread generosity. In 1984 Jesup Hall was completely renovated in the process of conversion to the College’s computer center. It currently houses the Office for Information Technology.

Major Construction History

Date Project Cost
1899 Campus center built
Architect: George Tilden
1908 Remodeled by J.S. Oakman, Class of 1899
1959 Restoration
Designed by: Peter P. Welanetz, PE
$20,000
1979 Install two west entrance vestibules $3,500
1984 Conversion to Computer Center
Architect: John Jordan, P.C.
$1,960,500
1990 Computer network equipment $2,665,050
1994 Computer Center cable $300,000
1995 Computer network $450,000
1996 Computer network $441,909
1999 Power backup system $230,000
1999 Network rewiring $390,000
2000 Network rewiring $390,000
2001 Network rewiring $385,000
2002 Network rewiring $325,000
2003 UPS $330,000
2003 Network rewiring $190,000
2003 UPS $378,858
2004 Network Academic Building CAT 3 replacement $121,000
2004 Network fiber loop upgrade $140,000
2004 Jesup A/C and UPS design $332,500
2005 Communications network upgrade $370,000
2006 Network communication upgrade $365,000
2006 Wireless Implementation $572,427
2007 Accessibility entrance design $45,000
2007 Network communication upgrade $420,000
2008 Accessibility entrance construction $350,000
2008 Network communication upgrade $548,500