Named for Lt. John Cowperthwaite Tyler, Class of 1915
Former Psi Upsilon fraternity house
183 Park Street
15,880 Sq. Ft.
About Tyler House
Tyler was built as the Psi Upsilon fraternity house in 1925 and purchased by the college in 1967. It now serves as upperclass housing with 24 singles and five doubles on three floors. Rooms have hardwood floors and ample closet space and there are two grand living rooms (one known as the Moose Room, thanks to a giant moose head mounted above a working fireplace). Laundry facilities are located next door in Tyler Annex, accessible via a covered walkway. Tyler is part of the Dodd Neighborhood.
Major Construction History
Architect: Andrews, Jones, Briscoe & Whitmore
|1982 Interior renovation||$42,000|
|1999||Enclose stairway and upgrade systems||$50,000|
|2001-02||Renovation and upgrade systems
Architect/General Contractor: Breadloaf