Named for Albert Hopkins
829 Main Street
850 Sq. Ft.
About Hopkins Observatory
Built in 1837 by Professor Albert Hopkins and his students, the observatory was originally sited near East College. It was moved to the south end of Berkshire Quad in the 1850s and moved to the north end of Berkshire Quad in 1962.
Major Construction History
|1837||Built by Professor Albert Hopkins and students near East College||$2,075|
|1850’s||Moved to the south end of Berkshire Quad|
|1962||Observatory moved to the north end of Berkshire Quad||$50,000|
|1962||New planetarium in Observatory
Projector Model: Spitz A3p
|2005||New Zeiss Projector||$366,824|